The aim of this course is to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to safely and effectively skipper an open powerboat by day on familiar inland and coastal waters.
Intro to Powerboating Course
- Person 16+ years old
The best introduction to sailing a Powerboat in Ireland!
The aim of this course is to provide a short practiceon boat handling and safety on powerboats being used on all Irish waters. No previous knowledge of powerboating is required or assumed.
This course may be completed in any type of sailing dinghy, small keelboat, or catamaran. Your certificate will show what type of boat you used.
By the end of this course, you are able to do the following:
- Preparation of boat for use
- Selecting what clothing and footwear to wear while afloat
- Basic boat handling
- Planing and maneuvering while on the plane
- Leaving and coming alongside
- Securing to a mooring buoy